Talks on living in different cultures:
- The lives of women in Lebanon
- Arabic culture
- Comparing the different cultures of my life in Lebanon and in the UK
- The history of “Raks Charqui” (Belly Dancing)
I love to give talks about life in Lebanon and being a woman in an Arabic country – then and now. I am a regular speaker for the WI in Wiltshire and Somerset. My talks are all interwoven with stories that I have heard or experienced personally and are presented in a fun and entertaining way but thought-provoking at the same time.
Also, at schools, I talk with staff and students about cultural awareness which can include
- General insights into Arabic culture.
- Roles of men and women in society.
- The influence of religion on the law and norms practised in every day life.
- The influence of family on personal life.
- The changes to society brought by war.
- Immigration, the causes and effects.
- The role of women in the family and society throughout the generations and at different stages of their life.
- Lebanon’s position geographically and the influence of the surrounding countries in general.
- For the younger students, I can adjust the information and present the appropriate message through the means of dancing and cooking
Talks for Groups
It’s been a pleasure to give talks to local Rotary, WI, Lions, schools, gardening groups or any social group. I particularly enjoy after dinner speaking. Please contact me so I can quote for your special requirements.
Click here for our upcoming events.
Why not combine the Lebanese cuisine and Belly Dancing to make your event a time to remember?
Interested or have questions? Email me on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01225 378054 or 07763 930 199.