Online Lebanese cookery classes – the perfect virtual Christmas party!
Are you looking for a way to celebrate Christmas with family, friends or colleagues in these strange times? My online cookery classes are a great way to ensure you can still celebrate with family, friends or colleagues despite the restrictions.
My cook-along classes on Zoom bring people together to learn healthy, tasty and affordable Lebanese recipes while exchanging tips, having a drink, a chat and a laugh.
You can join a set class or book your own session for a group over 6 people. Vouchers are available if you would like to treat a loved one to a cooking experience for a birthday or Christmas present.
If you would like more information, call me on 07763 930199 or email me.
Learn how to make baklava
Due to popular demand, I have just added an extra date for my baklava cooking class – choose from 6 pm Saturday 5 December or 11.30 am Thursday 10 December. To book your place, call me on 07763 930199 or email me.
Online Christmas party – Saturday 28 November
Join me for my virtual Christmas dinner party – perfect for families, friends and work teams. Connect with people you know or meet new ones from the comfort of your own home.
November’s celebratory menu (suitable for vegans):
- Lentil soup
- Fattet Makdous, a stunning dish worthy of the best occasions:
Layers of crispy bread, minced beef ( chickpeas for vegetarian) cooked in tomato sauce, topped with grilled aubergines, tahini sauce and a generous sprinkle of roasted almond, served with vermicelli rice.
- Barazic: biscuits with pistachios and sesame, a treat with your coffee or tea and make a lovely gift to someone special
To make the evening even more special, why not dress up in the colours of the Lebanese flag which happen to be very festive too!
6 pm start and eating together at 7.30 pm. Everybody in your household is welcome to get involved – £30 per household. Discounts for large private group sessions. Please email me to book.
How it works
All I need is your email to invite you on Zoom. Once you have paid, I will send you the ingredients list and what to prepare beforehand. Once we are on the screen, we cook together as I share tips and nutritional information. We eat together, chat, drink and have an amazing time connecting with others.
Upcoming dates for your diary for the Virtual Dinner
Saturday 16 January
- Spinach with lentil soup: filling, tasty and healthy, enough as a meal on its own
- Batat wo kozbra: let the fried garlic and coriander take your potato dish to tasty level like never before
- Dfeen: a winter dish that will fill and amaze you. Bulgur wheat and chickpeas with pulled chicken and nuts. Taste amazing without the chicken too. Served with yoghurt salad.
Saturday 13 February
- Veggie soup: a colourful and full of flavours and goodness
- Fasoulia b zeit: you will never believe red beans can taste so yummy.
- Bazella wo riz: peas and carrots cooked in tomato sauce with mine meat or not and served with vermicelli rice – a heartwarming winter/ spring dish
We enjoyed the cooking experience last night. Just to say we really enjoyed the food, the flavours were delicious and fresh & although we have eaten a wide variety of cultures food, this was subtly different & fab. Philomena and Alan June 2020
Wonderful time cooking together last evening, throughly enjoyed it. Food was delicious and we have enough for lunch today (bonus). Nx July 2020
Thank you for another great cooking experience and meal Wafaa Powell. Pretty sure we will be making much of this again, particularly love the rich tomato sauce with secret ingredient. The Baba Ghanouj went down very well – we all decided we prefer it to hummus. Louisa Young and family July 2020
Lebanese dessert cookery class dates
Friday 13 November 11.30 am:
- Festive apple dessert made with wine and winter spices.
Menu for 6 pm Saturday 5 December and 11.30 am Thursday 10 December
- Baklava for Christmas: the most famous Arabic sweet made the authentic way full of nuts and just the right sweetness. Homemade perfection.
£15 per session. Please email me to book your place.
And when life is back to normal…
Either I can come to your home to work with a group of your friends, or I undertake demonstrations at various local cookery schools. You decide and I will find a venue.
- 3 hours of hands-on preparing the ingredients and cooking 4 to 5 traditional Lebanese recipes
- There’s a wide variety of vegetarian and meat dishes to create
- Eating what you prepare and taking the leftovers home
- Recipes for the dishes
- You learn about the Middle Eastern food generally and in particular the Lebanese traditions and culture
My cookery class gift vouchers make the perfect Christmas or birthday present! Just email me with
- Your name and address
- The name of the person the voucher is for
- What name should appear in the ‘from’ on the voucher?
I can then send you my BACS details and on receipt of payment will post out the voucher to you. Easy!
For four or more in your group
Make a group of friends, family and colleagues and book a date. For groups of 4 or more, I can come to your home and we can agree a date between us. I am happy to travel within about 30 miles from Trowbridge. We can discuss the dishes we’re going to create.
Fact: Food brings people together and helps bonding. So cook with a friend, parent, partner, child, colleague or just come and meet new people.
See my YouTube videos here.
How to book
Interested or have questions? Email Wafaa or call on 01225 378054 or
07763 930 199.
I am flexible and can adjust things to suit you if I can. If you would prefer a different date, just ask and I’ll do my best to accommodate you.
£60 per person, based on four or more people attending.
£220 for a class with fewer than four people.
Classes need to be paid for in advance via BACS.
April 2019 – Brigitte: “We absolutely loved having you and everyone thought you are brilliant. we are all off to the shops to buy bulgur wheat. Will certainly see you again soon.”
November 2019 – Cookery class – Elizabeth: “Just to say many thanks for the lovely day our family had with you yesterday. Tasty, informative, and very interesting, all of it, but especially your talk about Lebanon”